Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 September 2012

New sitcom, THE LGBT theory

Producer Chuck Lorre, talent behind  Two and a Half Men, Mike & Molly and The Big Bang Theory, has created some of the most accepting, tolerant, and boundary breaking sitcoms of the past decade. Shows not built on outdated stereotypes and characters rife for audience bullying and mockery, NO DAMN WAY.

THIS MAN KNOWS PEOPLE

He's currently working on a new show, about THOSE CRAZY LESBIANS.
Here's a script from the pilot episode.



THE LGBT THEORY
PILOT EPISODE
"Lez be friends"

JO Enters the flat, wearing dungarees and purple lipstick, she looks like Lisbeth Salander and DECRIES THE EXISTENCE OF MEN. She calls for her girlfriend SANDRA.
JO
Sandra, Sandra are you in?
SANDRA
(Off screen)
Oh, I love you Dyke.
JO
WHAAAAAT?
SANDRA
Oh, hey Jo! Sorry I’m in here. I was just watching Mary Poppins! I love Dick Van Dyke.
JO
I’m not a fan of the first part!
SANDRA
I hear that! Also, I’m surprised I found the time to watch it, what with The L Word DVD Boxsets I’ve had on repeat for the past 2 weeks! Good thing the DVD player broke!
JO
Do we need to get it fixed? How about Steve?
SANDRA
A MAN? Are you maaaaaad!
JO
Nope, I managed to put my Dungarees on today!! Well, we could get a new one, and you can pay me back when you get a job! How’s the job search going?
SANDRA
Well, nobody cares for my CV and skills.
JO
That’s because all you put was softball player, not showering and knowledge of pickup trucks!
SANDRA
That’d get me plenty of jobs!
JO
Like what?
SANDRA
Unhygienic truck driver for a softball team...
JO
I’ll go ask Steve for a new one when he gets back from work.
SANDRA
Steve doesn’t have a job, he just makes it up!
JO
He works at the Nail and hair Salon.
SANDRA
Exactly, made up!

Jo sighs and goes to hang her coat up, the cupboard has twenty pairs of dungarees in. Sandra walks round the corner, she's big and fat and wearing doc martens and has no make up and has like shaved hair and stuff. (Check google images later to clarify)

SANDRA
Well, if you're meeting Steve can you ask him for my K.D Lang CD back?
JO
Which one...?
SANDRA
All you can eat
JO
I know that. I mean, which one, you have like fifteen different versions of that album!
SANDRA
I'm SOOOOOOOOO GAAAAY!
JO
Can't you meet him yourself?
SANDRA
Uhhh, no. People might think we're....you know....a couple! It'd be sooooo embarassing.
JO
Hey, you're LES-being ridiculous!

Uproarious studio applause, millions of TV viewers and critical accolades due to the carefully crafted characters and many layers of humour woven throughout the nuanced relationships and intricate examinations of gay people.



So yeah! Hopefully this gets JUST AS MUCH PRAISE and viewing figures as his other shows, I'm sick of the other comedy shows on the air.
SICK OF THEM AND THEIR RESPECT FOR AN AUDIENCE DUE TO COMPLEX CHARACTERS AND REINVIGORATING OLD STEREOTYPES WITH NEW LIFE AND JOKES.

So....I'm going to leave this right here.









7 comments:

  1. This is genuinely good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That script is subtle and genius in so many ways...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... Please tell me you guys aren't actually serious about liking this. This is way over-full of stereotypes that it's not even funny. Plus, it's fucking insulting. This asshole really needs to stop trying to make a career as a screenwriter and maybe go look into working at McDonald's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (It is a joke)

      Delete
    2. http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Ultimatetransfan/Reactions/joke_over_your_head.jpg

      Delete
    3. Glad you liked it PCVS lover!
      Hope you enjoy my upcoming blogs about why conflict diamonds are FABULOUS, and how the DMZ between South and North Korea is a great place for a wilderness hike!

      Delete
    4. Guys, be nice to him. Satire is a form of humor than most people don't get, but I have the utmost respect for those who can pull it off well, and I definitely think this script has potential. We'll see how well it can be played though, without devolving into the same thing it's making fun off.

      Delete